Women's Sexual Health Study

|

Recently I found a Women's Sexual Health Study being conducted by Indiana University, I decided to signup since it seemed like it would be an interesting study and of course the $25 I would receive. The study stated it would be about the following: "The purpose of this study is to assess women’s feelings about, experiences with, and ratings of personal lubricants that are used for sexual activities that occur alone or with a partner. You will also be asked to provide the research team with your name and mailing address. This information will be used to mail you one package that contains three (3) bottles of a water-based or silicone-based personal lubricant." This made me want to participate in the study even more, you get free personal lubricant as well as a $25 reward! Who wouldn't want to participate? Well I am sure there are people that wouldn't because of how personal they get in the study, but thats the whole point of the study..... to get personal.

About a day later I received an email stating that I qualified to participate in the study, I then had to go through the process of making a username and password as well as signing a information consent form. I had to take a daily survey for 5 weeks, they sent me daily reminders to my email address to login and complete the survey. The survey basically consisted of questions asking about my sexual health, if I had sex that day, how many times, and what lubricant I used(the study lubricant or my own personal lubricant) if any was used at all. So they got pretty personal in that area, lol. Surprisingly the daily survey only took about 5 to 10 minutes to complete, and if you didn't have sex that day it was shorter.

When I completed the last daily survey of the study I was given an exit survey asking about my experiences with the study and lubricant that I used. I answered the 2 minute survey and that concluded my participation in the Women's Sexual Health Study. Two weeks after I took the exit survey I received my $25 gift card in the mail along with a letter, the $25 gift card was only redeemable at PureRomance.com.






PureRomance.com is an in-home party company which offers an exclusive line of heighteners, lubricants and bedroom accessories for relationship enhancement. I guess they wanted their study participants to spend the money they earned on something that would help their sexual health or at least make their sexual experience more fun, not a bad idea in my opinion. I ordered a couple things from the website and used the whole $25 on my gift card, the items arrived at my door in about 3 days. Anyway here is the letter I received.

0 comments: